Thursday, April 30, 2009

Big Belly Krystal

This is me at ALMOST 38 weeks... I think... Anyways, sorry you had to see my pile up of towels, I had showered all the kids and because I was short on time, instead of bathing them one at a time and reusing the same towel like I usually do, they all went in and out and each had their own towel. But yeah, thats me, and my belly. And yep, another boy, and we are closing in on a name, but no we wont tell. Everyone I've told what name I was considering hated it and tried breaking me but the name has a wonderful meaning (soon to be revealed when baby comes- IF we do go with the name I have in mind). Part of me just wants to randomly pick a name from the baby book but whenever I do that... well let me give you an example: Im getting up right now to grab my baby name book and post the first 5 names I randomly open to.

  1. Ridley
  2. Jaspar
  3. Peverell
  4. Valerian
  5. Reshean

And that is why Im not doing the random thing. Many have said, "Oh you'll know when you see your baby for the first time." Oh really? Most babies come out all red and squishy. Yes they are beautiful but it takes a few weeks for newborns to take shape. Plus, Isaiah was born COVERED in dark hair. Not just his head, but his face, his arms, shoulders, back, rear end. If we hadn't had a name picked out he may have ended up being named Esau.

My other issues include: not wanting a name that can be shortened into a common nickname (Michael: Mike, Samuel: Sam, etc)

And not wanting a name so common that my child will go through any given grade in school as ______ "#2" or "#3" or "Avila Kid," and

I have known WAY too many people in my life and I either

A. dont like the person with that name
B. like the person with that name but dont want to think about that person every time I call my kid
C. like or dislike the person but dont want them to think I'm intentionally honoring them by giving my kid their name, and finally
D. cant name my kid after an ex or criminal

I know, Im way too picky but havent I earned that right? I've been carrying the child for nine months now- and only have two weeks to go! Now I should get off the computer and go back to nesting... I have towels to wash.

3 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady... all belly! Good luck with the name thing. We always have a hard time picking names too.

Phil and Stacie said...

You've definitely eared t he right to be picky =) I'm sure you're name is totally cute just like your other kids'! I love all the rules!!

Justin+Becca+Emily said...

I'm sure there's no one you knew as Jasper or Perevial. And they defiantly won't be the 2nd of those in their grade!! haha. How about Percy? hahahaha