Friday, August 28, 2009

costco and chores

I caught Elias sucking his thumb today.... so I covered his hand with a sock and popped the pacifier back in. Dont want another one. Isaiah still sucks his thumb and Im worried about the cost of braces!
Yesterday I was busy. Got to sleep at 2am because I couldnt sleep. Kept tossing and turning. Woke up at 7:40 to get Julian ready for and to school. Got home and washed the dishes, washed all the laundry and vacuumed. Then I took a nap. It was a super wierd nap. I had a hard time falling asleep. Then Nick came in and sat down on the bed and told me that it was time to wake up and asked if I got enough sleep and I told him that I had had a hard time falling asleep so it wasnt very restful. Then I woke up with Nick next to me, he said, "The baby is hungry and its time to wake up, did you get enough sleep?" Whoa.

After Nick left to work I picked up Julian and Sareny and took Sareny home then the kids and I went to Costco for gas and then to do some shopping. I stocked up on canned chicken because we live off of it, and a case of refried beans and Mr Yoshida sauce. The funny thing about Costco was when I went to park I spotted a new Camaro so decided to park next to it. It was taking up two spaces so the owner obviously knew how awesome their car is. Julian and Carmen kept asking why I dont just go buy one for dad because he likes them so I tried to explain to them financial stuff but I was just wasting all our time, they are 6 and 4. Julian posed in front of the car for a picture then we went in. When we came back out to the van we loaded up and as I was about to pull out of the parking spot I saw the owner of the car approaching. It was a little old lady! She proceeded to shove a jumbo pack of Charmin Ultra into the tiny trunk and got in the car. Wow, I hope when I am a little old lady I can drive a fancy sports car then everyone will think Im cool. Or at least thats what I will tell myself as they chuckle that I am a little old lady driving a fast car.



When we got home and I unloaded the kids and the groceries I decided to mow the lawn. The hard part about doing any chore is where to put Elias or finding a window of time when he's asleep. Because he is now rolling over and over and over I cant just leave him on a blanket on the floor anymore because he always finds his way onto the carpet. Solution: I strapped him in his carseat after feeding him, gave him a toy and a pacifier and sat him in Carmen's room facing the open window so I could check on him from outside. To keep him content I even turned on the TV. ICarly was on. Carmen and Isaiah LOVE that show but they werent inside with Elias, they went outside with me. The grass was pretty long since we had gone on vacation recently and we have a push mower so it took me some time and effort but Carmen and Isaiah were good. They played in the water the whole time! Next we went into the garage, opened it up and I washed the van while they played with even more water in their Easter buckets in the garage. They had a blast and Elias slept the whole time. When we got inside I changed the kids and it was 8:30 and we hadnt had dinner. I didnt want them to have to wait until 9 to eat so I made the quickest thing I could think of: eggs! They love eggs! After scriptures and prayer they were off to bed and asleep almost immediately. To make the day even better Nick got home before I went to bed so I got to stay up and talk with him as I hadnt been able to have a good chat with him without the kids all week! Now, the whole week itself was pretty busy but I dont want to write about Wednesday. It was grocery shopping day which included a trip to Walmart and Fry's with all four kids which included an Isaiah who hadnt had a nap. I am SO ready for Saturday!

No comments: