Saturday, August 1, 2009

Another busy week

Busy week wore me out. Last Thursday the 23rd I had Hillari babysit my kids while I did some shopping. In return I babysat for her on Friday but the Harry Potter movie was a little long and she worried about me having 7 kids on my own for so long so I enlisted the help of Ginger. So on Friday the kids and I picked her up and we hung out at our house with Hillari's kids. On Saturday I decorated Julian's birthday cake and cupcakes and Nick's mom flew in for the party. We had his party at Peter Piper Pizza because in this heat and us having our living room/kitchen upstairs, there was no way that spending money at PPP was going to be more than our electric bill just from cooling off 15 kids in my hot house. I apologize to everyone who wasnt invited, we wish we could just have a huge party for the whole ward and all our family and friends we have but we dont quite have the funds for that, or the space. Peter Piper reserved us a whole table row and it was filled with kids and the adults had to sit in booths. I wish they had taken me seriously and actually planned for the number I reserved the party for. The kids had a blast and Julian got lots of awesome presents. After we got home Julian and Carmen played and played with the toys. After some rest Nick and I went out to dinner at McGraths for my birthday since he was going to have to work on my birthday day. We wanted to see a movie but nothing good was playing. Then we did some shopping at Walmart and headed home. On Sunday we went only to Sacrament meeting and long enough for Carmen to give the Article of Faith in Primary then we took off and headed to Nick's aunt's house. When we got home the kids were exhausted and we put them to bed. Monday after Nick left to work Nick's mom and the kids and I headed to the Chandler Fashion to spend Julian's birthday money at the Lego store. He came away with three new lego sets. We went to Claires and grandma bought her wedge heel pink sandals and rainbow sun glasses. She even bought me a couple shirts at Sears. We hung out at the mall and took our time. Tuesday, my real birthday, yes, its close to Julians, 6 years ago on my birthday I was in a hospital room :S anyways, on my birthday we went to the Arizona Museum for Youth in Mesa thanks to the Culture Pass (would have done Culture Passes a lot sooner had I known the library sometimes opens at 11am!) and then to Chili's for lunch. The kids were awful. They were jumping all over the place, the baby was hungry, I didnt have a blanket with me so I had to go into the bathroom to feed him and at the same time Carmen had to pee. When I got back my molten chocolate lava cake was waiting for me and after two bites the plate got pushed from where it was in front of me over to the kids across the table, my spoon was still in my hand in the air and my cake was gone and the kids demolished the whole thing in a matter of seconds. Did I want to eat the mushed up mushy mess after that? nope.
After we took Nick to work and we got home I got ready and I met up with Alayna and Alecia at Native New Yorker. Alayna doesnt like wings. Wierd! haha! Thanks guys for coming with me. I had a lot of fun and we talked and vented and talked and laughed. I had lots of fun.
On Wednesday Nicks mom flew home.
The rest of the week Nick took the van to work because his Corvette's AC doesnt cool him off very well. So the kids and I have been at home, with the AC turned up to 83 or 84 watching Nickelodeon. Today I made homemade flour tortillas!
And that was my week. I wil post pictures soon. I was just too lazy to hunt them down right now, they're still on my memory card.

No comments: