Friday, January 9, 2009

The Notebook

The night before last I was folding a mountain of laundry and was flipping through the TV channels looking for something to watch. I stumbled across a movie that caught my interest. I didn't know what it was at first but by the time I realized what it was, I was already hooked. I was watching "The Notebook." The biggest problem was............ it ended right as Nick walked in the door home from work! I was bawling like a baby! He saw me and I could tell his heart sank as he wondered what was wrong. I managed to blubber out "the movie.. it was the movie" but I was still just too embarrased to tell him any more. I turned away from him after he had managed to give me a little hug and I washed my face and turned up the corners of my mouth. That movie was so sweet/sad/lovely, etc. I had never seen it before because I heard it makes people cry and I don't like crying at movies. I didn't even cry when I saw Titanic. At least I watched it while pregnant and can blame it all on hormones... right? :D haha ...... SO EMBARRASED

7 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

I'm not a movie-cryer either, but this one is different. I almost have to be institutionalized after watching it :)

Noelle said...

i love that movie and it definitely can cause some tears. so don't be embarrassed- i don't even have anything i can blame it on ;)

Sarah & Eddie said...

That movie is great! But it was so long since I've watched it, maybe I need to borrow it from my mom again. I also HATE crying to a movie, infact, I HATE showing any "sad" emotions at all and do all I can to hide them, usually I am successful. I do remember wanting to cry to the Notebook, but I just fought it....both my mom and dh were there, and I just can't imagine looking like such a fool. But hey, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

hillari said...

I've never seen it. But I tend to avoid sad movies, because I just can't stand crying either! So was the ending really sad and that's why you were crying?

Phil and Stacie said...

I don't mind crying over a movie--when I'm alone =) Too bad you had to get caught! At least you have hormones to blame it on =)

Annie said...

Yep its a chick flick if i ever saw one. Love this movie!

Sarah & Eddie said...

I have a question for you...how do you get your blog to show you when your "friends" last updated their blogs? I want to add that feature to mine, but can't figure it out.