Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the box

Playing in the shop vac box

I found him hiding under my end table with my cell phone


He loves the box
That's what we were up to on Tuesday. Just playing in boxes. We went to Sears to pick up the shop vac Nicks dad had purchased for him for Christmas. Then we went to Macayos for lunch. Then to the mall where we got some awesome deals at KB Toys (50%-70% OFF) and then to Target where they had a ton of leftover Christmas candy for 75% off. We stocked up on caramel Ghirardelli chocolates, Dove chocolates and Premium M&Ms. That night, new years eve, we put the kids to bed and Nick and I were so tired we managed to stay up til midnight while watching HGTV. I found that the ""Live"" New Years programs (balls dropping and such) were totally cheesy and lame and I HATED watching nasty people kiss on those programs after the new year hit every hour starting at 10pm. We didnt know it had hit midnight until my alarm went off.... Isaiah had unplugged my clock and when I reset it I didnt realize he had clicked my alarm to on, which defaulted to 12:00. We then drank some sparkling cider and were asleep by 12:30. Yeah, Im old and lame and even if I had a babysitter Id have no where to go so to bed it was. New Years is a wierd holiday. I cant wait til my birthday, now THATS a real holiday :S

5 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

they seriously look just like you!

kara said...

Congrats on the baby boy coming soon. Wow you had a crazy holiday with all that travel it was good to hear from you. Your kids are really so cute. I love your blog design with everyones faces it is very original.

Charlene said...

We spend all that money on toys and our kids get so excited over a cardboard box!!! I love the picture of your son under the end table with your cell phone. What an innocent look he has!! Too cute!

Sarah & Eddie said...

Hey Krystal. Nice blog, I'll have to add you!!!
We are so lame too, when it comes to New Years, Eddie and I have probably gone to sleep BEFORE midnight for probably 1/2 of them. We are sooo boring. But this year we had a "wild" party...yeah, Eddie, myself, and the kids got crazy and beat on pots and pans as the clock struck midnight.....PAR-TAY!!!! Then we were out, fast asleep shortly after.

hillari said...

I agree about New Year's--it's kind of a lame holiday, but at least it gives you something to look forward to after Christmas. One thing we do at our house is Mrs. Santa comes to our house on New Year's eve. It's pretty fun--we put our shoes under the tree and she fills them with nuts and candy, then we each get a book and something else small. I always loved it as a kid!