Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas was great, ready to rest!

Joes Crab shackOur Christmas cookies
Isaiah on Christmas morningThe gifts


Its been a long couple months. Here it is: In November my inlaws came to town. We had a lot of fun and did a lot of running around. The following weekend we drove up to Oregon for Thanksgiving. The next weekend we drove back home (I drove 20 hours of the 24, we didnt stop to sleep). The next weekend Nick had to work. That week my sister Becca and Justin came to visit on their honeymoon. That same weekend we went to El Paso for Cory's graduation and back the next day. The next week I got strep throat and pink eye. The next week I got the flu (I lost five lbs). That leaves us at Christmas. We did the presents and spent the rest of the day with extended family. This last weekend my mother in law and sister in law came to town. Now we enjoyed being with family for the last two months and making and taking visits, but we are worn out!
Christmas was a lot of fun. On Christmas Eve I was so tired and sick still that instead of making cookies and icing I bought cookies from the Fry's bakery and a can of frosting. That evening we acted out the Nativity with the kids and Julian and Carmen sang Christmas songs as part of a program they put on for their dad. That night our kids were asleep by 8:40pm. The next morning I woke up at 8 and the kids were all still asleep! They woke up around 8:20am. We opened presents but Isaiah cared less about the presents. He spent all morning eating the leftover Santa cookies! We have strength for one more holiday then we are laying low for a few months. Next up.. New Years. What are we going to do? Absolutely nothing (not like we'd have anything to do even if we had a babysitter). This week I'm going to be organizing and reorganizing the kids' toys, clothes and rooms. Yay. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

hillari said...

wow--you guys have been super busy! Rest up!