Monday, February 9, 2009

2007 looking back

This is a look back at 2007:
A year and a half ago we took a trip to Oregon. Well... we've taken trips to Oregon since but I was going through pictures and was wanting to remember this trip. The above picture is a picture of us at the Tillamook Cheese factory. From the left: Sister-in-law Cory, Nick, Isaiah, Me with my sister Jessica, Carmen, Julian, a friend, my brother mark, a friend and another friend. The thing that makes this trip so memorable is that we took this trip just two days after I had my gallbladder removed. I wasnt in much pain, just discomfort from the CO2 that still plagued my abdomen. I had the surgery on a Thursday I think... we left on Saturday morning to Oregon. We spent the rest of Saturday at Ikea, Sunday resting, Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday we went hiking around the Silver Creek waterfalls, to Tillamook, to the beach, to Portland and the OMSI museum and so on. What a recovery!

This was taken somewhere near the ocean! :D obviously. It was nice that week. Nick likes Oregon.

This is at OMSI. Carmen was playing and learning. While I was at the hospital my sister Sarah was housesitting/babysitting for me and the YW in our ward Heart Attacked me. That was so sweet of them! It was a hard time for me to have that surgery because Isaiah was only two months old and I had to be in the hospital about three days without him and I wasnt able to nurse him or see him but once and thats when he started sucking his thumb. He never started until then.


These pictures were taken the day of the surgery I believe. The incisions from the gallbladder surgery are the ones covered with tape. The scar across my stomach is from a surgery I had when I was two months old. Keep in mind I had just had a baby AND my abdomen was inflated with CO2!

3 comments:

hillari said...

Fun to look back at how you family has grown in the last year and a half! Sad surgery story though.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

wait you had the baby then you had to have that surgery? yikes!

Anonymous said...

uy, what a experience. i mean, go to holiday and then surgery?.. wow...
Que experiencia, pero, a veces a si suceden las cosas, en nuestro caso, de regreso a México, se nos rompió la transmisión del auto, y pues, mis tios nos ayudaron, pero siempre hay imprevistos..
Saludos.