Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A two week slice of my life.




Heres what went on in the last couple weeks:

-Had my gestational diabetes glucose test. Hate the orange flavor but Im not diabetic.
-Nick and I had our anniversary.
-The inlaws came to visit.
-I went to the mall, bought Julian LEGOs at the Lego Store.
-Nick, Julian and Grandpa and Aunt Cory went to the drag races with friends Morgan and Seth (pictured above with the geico gecko)
-Bought Carmen sparkly shoes with sparkles, a bow over the toes and an elastic band.
-She cried for me to cut off the elastic band.
-She cried for me to put back on the elastic bands.
-I took the worst ever trip to Walmart with the kids. Isaiah screamed the whole time. He didnt have shoes on, couldnt walk around, so spent the trip up and down the aisles in my arms hitting me and kicking my belly. Carmen cried because we could look at the shoes.
-Babysat a lot.
-Bought lots of food at frys. About 10 boxes of cereal.
-Learned of my brothers car accident. He wasnt at fault, everyone is fine.. but the truck. Broken axle and drive train.
-Learned that Isaiah knows most of the letters in the alphabet
-Monday through Thurday I go to bed at 2am and wake up at 645am.
-Got a gift and card from Nick, just because.
-Bought Nick NY Strip steaks in return for the gift and card.
-I ate salmon for the first time in about 4 or 5 months
-Ate at Chipotle, Wendy, Jack in the Box, KFC, Panda Express and McDonalds. When Im not running, Im dead tired, way too tired to cook food my kids probably wont eat anyways.
-Decided Isaiah wont let us break him from a bottle or his crib anytime soon.
-Found out when Mom is coming to visit
-Found out when my whole family minus half the family is coming to visit.
-Handfulls of people asked me if I'm ready to have the baby and/or if Im due really soon. I have more than two months left.
-Went to the Modest Mouse concert in Tempe. Was the only largely pregnant woman there.
-I mopped the kitchen and bathroom
-I paid the bills
-Nick juiced a few bags full of lemons and I froze the juice
-Carmen washed her hands with half a bottle of shampoo
-Julian finished his 25 book goal for school and recieved yet another book it award
-Julian and Carmen got bikes from their grandma
-I took the first trip alone to the store in over a year and I felt like I was floating on a cloud all through Frys
-I made Julian mop the bathroom floor for 'missing'
-Isaiah made us bring our little tikes basketball hoop into the living room and refuses to eat, only play basketball all day long
-We made fruit pizzas last night for Mutual
-I had a dream I stole a Gatorade
-I gained a few pounds
-I wondered how I will ever get the energy other people have. One day Nick will be on a normal work schedule and I will be able to be a normal mom. We look forward to the day when Nick can drop the kids off at school on the way to work, I can spend the day cleaning, doing visiting teaching, hosting playdates, shopping, I can then pick up the kids from school, make dinner and have it ready when Nick gets home, go to bed at a reasonable hour and be ready to do it all again the next day and have evening free for a date with Nick or a girls night out or a double date. Right now we are disorganized and inconsistent. Nick gets home late, we go to bed late... an NO I cant go to bed before he gets home, I cant sleep without him here. I get up with the kids I babysit, he gets up to take Julian to school. I try to take a nap when he leaves to drop him off, then I get up and he goes to take a nap and by 1:30pm we are both awake and Im rushing to make lunch for us before I leave to get Julian and he gets to leave for work and in the evening I have to do my chores and shopping with the kids by my side. Im very very thankful for Nicks job and that we have a wonderful family, home, food to eat, we just look forward to the day when we can have the blessings of early to bed early to rise. In the meantime though, we acknowledge the blessings we have been given.

3 comments:

hillari said...

Sounds like you have been very busy! I want to see the sparkly shoes, where did you get them? I didn't know there was a lego store in the mall. Did you buy those just because?

Windsor World said...

Wow that sounds like every other day at my house!! J/K but pretty close, just different type situations..(for instance I don't think I'll ever squeeze and freeze lemon juice!) :) Oh how I remember when Mike works those hours at UPS and I only had 2 kids! I really hope someday you guys can live a normal type life, I so much enjoy it more! But at least you know it's not forever (hopefully)!

Sarah & Eddie said...

Sounds like quite the crazy week. I HATE those weeks!