Friday, November 7, 2008

Wonderful Oops

This is what an oops looks like. There is a funny story behind this though. All that month Nick was worried I was pregnant. I kept reassuring him that there was no way I could be pregnant and that I wasn't pregnant. He would bring up his concerns once every three days or so. Finally, the Saturday night before I was to start my period I got tired of his antics. He was up late watching TV like a maniac, flipping flipping flipping through all the channels over and over. I went to sleep. I woke up a couple hour later and the channels were still flashing before his eyes. He was sitting on the floor at the foot of the bed watching the lights flicker through the channels. I told him to go to bed, that I'm not pregnant and that I would start my period the next morning. I had to use the restroom so without telling him I grabbed my emergency pregnancy test from the back of the cabinet (it had been there for a very long time) and I decided that I would take the test then wave the negative test in his face so he could finally go to bed and turn of the gosh darn TV. I went in and took the test and immediately two lines appeared. My one and only thought was, "OH CRAP. HOW AM I GOING TO TELL NICK?" I left the restroom and walked over to Nick and kneeled behind him and told him, "Nick, I have something I need to show you." He looked over at me and at the test in my hand and his dead dropped and rolled as he mumbled something about 'How are we going to do this?' I reassured him everything would be okay and to get some rest. I went back to sleep immediately, Nick was up til 5am.
And this is what an oops looks like 12 weeks later. Now give me a little leway here, this is my fourth so my body goes straight into gain and stretch mode now. So such thing as 'hiding it' anymore. We are very excited. Nick is excited now and is glad we are having another baby. I am just now posting this because I went to the doctor today and heard the heartbeat for the first time so I know there is a life growing inside me!


2 comments:

Bettijo said...

Congratulations!! --b

Amy O'Neill said...

3 out of 4 of our kids were "surprises", so I have been there... totally in denial!! (Kinda funny, I think every woman has an "emergency" pregnancy test!!) Now I am glad that I had those "surprises" because I am not 30 yet and done! ;) You are the cutest little pregnant lady! Do you mind if I link you on my blog?