Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Elias



First of all, I do want to apologize for my last blog post where I posted Isaiah's baby pictures! :) but come on, it WAS funny! So now Im going to tell my Elias story:

Once upon a time....


nah...


When a mommy and a daddy love eachother very much....

nope... too far back...

It was a bright, sunny Saturday morning at around 7 when I was awoken by a contraction....
ok wait.. I need to still go back just a couple days.

Okay. This last Thursday I had a doctors appointment. My last two appointments I had been dilated to a 1 and since I had had some mild contractions and braxtons hicks contractions over the week prior to the latest appointment I was hoping for some change... but there was none. I was still at a 1. I was sure it would still be another week and a half.

On Friday.. no contractions, I just cleaned house and took care of the kids.

On Saturday morning, after getting to bed late on Friday, I was hoping I could sleep in. At 7am I woke up when I had a painful contraction. I fell back to sleep and 20 minutes later I woke up when I had another, then I fell back to sleep. That went on until about 10am. Once every 20-35 minues wasnt very close, nor were they too incredibly painful so I went about my day. After we all got dressed and ready we decided to go out to lunch. We went to Sonic and got food and ice cream and then went to Target so I could pick out a mother's day present and to get some snacks. I like Target! While in Target the contractions were every 15 minutes and they were getting stronger but I was enjoying my shopping trip too much to care about pain. I got me some pjs (on sale for less than $4 a piece!), some chocolates, cereal, chips, those microwave betty crocker caramel chocolate cakes, a boomerang type toy for Julian and sidewalk chalk for Carmen. When we got home Nick laid down and took a nap so I took the kids outside with me and Julian and Carmen drew on the sidewalk while Isaiah and I walked around the street. I called my sisters in Utah and told them that I might be starting labor soon but that I wasnt sure yet. I was still in denial because everyone I know due when Im due hasnt had their baby but are already dilated half way. I certainly couldnt beat them to the hospital. Well all the kids and I ended up just leaving the chalk and walking around the block because an angry bee stationed himself around the bush in front of the sidewalk and was chasing us away from the house. It even crawled all over Julians head and back and he froze up because thats what his teacher at school told him to do. I finally convinced him to run when I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the bee. After a few walks around the block we came home and I made dinner. I made tacos. Nope, I didnt eat any. By this time my contractions were 10 minutes apart and I was suspecting I really was in labor. So the family finished up dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and I decided to start timing the contractions. They were every 10 minutes. After 2 hours of increasingly instense 10 minute apart contractions we called a friend to come watch the now sleeping kids. By the time he arrived they were 5 minutes apart so we told him we'd call and tell him if we were going to be checked in or not (I was still in denial because I wasnt in horrible pain like I had thought I had experienced with the other pregnancies). I got to the hospital at 11pm. When I got to triage they checked me and I was at a 7! They pumped me full of fluids and moved me to a delivery room right away. I got an epiduaral and by the time it started working I was at a 10. The doctor wasnt there just yet so I had to hold back the urge to push through about 4 or 5 contractions until he came in. The baby was born in just 2 contractions. When they cleaned him up and gave him to Nick, he looked at the baby and said, "Let's name him Elias." Elias Adan was born at 1:16am, just two hours after I arrived at the hospital. We are both healthy and doing well. Thank you everyone for all the well wishes!

12 comments:

Jess said...

That's a great story, beautiful pictures and what a wonderful blessing for Mother's Day!

Amy O'Neill said...

Congrats to you and your family!! Wow, as fast as it went I am glad you got the hospital on time! He is soooo cute! Glad all went well! :)

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

ha if you read it said there was one in the dryer LOL
i'll give you a break though because of no sleep.... :)

congrats! how exciting! now its my turn!

Windsor World said...

Wow..sounds alot like Kolbee birth story, only it was mothers day when I went in to the hospital( I wasn't having contractions, my water just broke! and unfortuatley she came way to fast for an epidural!! I'm glad it went good and fast for you!! He is super cute, and I love the name! We can't wait to meet him!! Congrats

Summer said...

Sounds like you had a looong day! Congratulations! He's adorable!

Phil and Stacie said...

Wow! Congratulations and I'm so happy for you that everything went so quick and well!! I'm so impressed you posted all about it so quick =) We missed you last night!

Anonymous said...

Ooorale, que bien ,FELICIDADES!!!!...
Muchas felicidades, y ya parenle, no!..., je es broma..

Les deseo lo mejor a uds, suerte !!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Alayna said...

He is adorable! and you look fantastic after just having him!
Congrats!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I can only hope this next one for me will be like that. Laboring in a hospital all day like I did with my two is not my idea of fun. I'd rather be shopping at Target like you did.

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Congratulations Krystal! He is adoreable and I'm so glad you got to the hospital in time for an epidural! :)

hillari said...

He is a cutie! Congratulations! Was Elias a name you had been considering, or did it just come to Nick on the spot? It is cute.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

oh hey... did your water break??? or did they have to?