Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Elias is HOME!

When the nurses in the hospital needed to warm up Elias' hands and feet to help them find a vein I was surprised that instead of using warming pads they put warm water in diapers and wrapped them around his hands and feet. He didnt care for them.


Poor Elias did not want to be in the hospital at all. He was SO uncomfortable.
This is where he had the spinal tap. Poor baby.





His poor feet had tubes and wires. It made it so hard for me to nurse him especially when some of the cords werent long enough for me to sit down and feed him so many times I fed him standing next to his crib.
This is one of the many smiley pictures I took of him moments after I took him out of his carseat at home and laid him on my pillow on my bed where he frequently sleeps and Im sure he recognized the scent of home. He smiled until he fell back to sleep a half our later. We are glad to be home and we are both recovering from whatever this virus is that attacked us and we are hoping the other kids get passed by unscathed.



3 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

aww that made me almost cry. it reminds me of when mylee was that way for a week...glad hes home :)

Alayna said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I know that they are trying to do what is best, but it is awful to have to watch your tiny baby be tortured like that!
I'm glad to hear that you are home and everyone is okay!

Kandice and Rob said...

What a great smile!! Poor little thing is so relieved. (Mom too)