Saturday, June 27, 2009

Individual minds



Yesterday Isaiah and I went to the church to drop off a peach cobbler. He insisted on wearing his big brother's sunglasses the whole time. He even held his head tilted slightly back to add to the coolness factor. He's one cool boy but Im guessing he will be my hardest to handle as time goes by because of how independent he already is!





At the park on Friday evening Carmen fell down and scraped up her knee. When it first happened she came over to me and told me calmly that she fell down but that she's okay. That is, until she looked down and saw blood and she hunched over and cried all the way home. When we got home I showered her, dressed her (because she was afraid if she dressed herself she would accidentally rub the clothes over her scrape and hurt it), and I bandaged it. When I told her to start walking to bed she was still walking hunched over so as to not hurt her scratch in any way. I told her that if she couldn't walk standing up like normal she wouldn't be able to go to the birthday party for her friend the next morning. So she said okay, stood up and took one step, then hunched back over and did her "im-in-pain" walk but said, "I can still go to the party I can walk normal but I am just showing you how old ladies walk, they walk like this and sometimes they need help and the doctors can hold their arms but they still walk like this because they are old." Silly girl knows how to get around the rules already at such a young age.

Yesterday at dinner time we were sitting around the table talking about marriage and Carmen said that she isn't sure she wants to get married because she doesn't want to kiss on the lips. After the kids stopped giggling they were discussing marriage prospects. Ciara Olivas and Morgan Eaton made it to Julians list and Carmen couldn't think of any boy to add to her list (well, she's not in school yet and there arent a whole lot of boys her age at church). Then Carmen said, "Mom, I used to really like Julian and I wanted to marry him but then you told me we cant marry our brother so I dont want to marry him anymore. I'll find someone else"



Last night I left Elias on the couch while I got the other kids to bed. I kept spooking myself every time I walked in the room because Isaiah had left a baby doll hanging halfway off the couch and from the corner of my eye I couldnt tell a real baby from a fake one. Even though I knew where Elias was and that a baby doll was on the couch hanging off, I somehow managed to forget EVERY time and get spooked. Dont worry, Elias is fine, he cant roll yet!


3 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

Your kid stories crack me up. How fun!

hillari said...

Those are some silly kids!! I love that doll baby in the last picture, I can see how you would have a freakout moment.

Justin+Becca+Emily said...

i think your kids can wait a while before they start thinking about marriage~ haha