Sunday, July 12, 2009

birth

I was able to see my sister give birth today (well now yesterday since it is past midnight). I flew in to SLC on 7/11 and arrived at 1pm. Then we went to lunch at Wendy's. Then we went to my sister Rebeccas house. Not long after we got there she left to the hospital because she was scheduled to be induced tomorrow but today she was just to go in to get the prepping gel. Well, when they checked her she was at a 3 and ready to start labor so they went ahead and checked her in. They put her on pitocin and broke her water. After an hour of pushing baby Emily Rachel Pardee was born at 10:11 pm. She is very beautiful and healthy and mom and dad are doing well and very happy. I will post pictures soon, I just cant find Justin's card reader. For now, I need some sleep.

2 comments:

hillari said...

That's so awesome! Congrats to your sister. Was it neat to be at a birth other than one of your own?

Windsor World said...

SO cool!!! Man after all these baby you've watch being born, you should feel pretty confident you could delivery one yourself...(hey you never know, Mike almost had to once!)