Monday, September 28, 2009

Fatigued

Nick's been having a rough time at work lately so to cheer him up I took him to lunch at TGIFridays on Friday. (9/25/09) We LOVE sweet potato fries! After we were done we went and paid a bill (ick) then we parted and Nick left to work and I did carpool duty and picked up the kids. From there we went to Fry's and did some shopping. Wow. I even had a Fry's employee ask me mid aisle if I 'got it.' Now because of Nicks work schedule I cant avoid going shopping with all the kids. Ive had people tell me that I should go in the morning while hes home but if hes home hes probably asleep and then the kids would be watching themeslves and when hes awake, the precious time we have together I dont like trading in for a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. On Saturday I took the two littlest boys with me to finish up my shopping while Nick watched the older two at home. Wow again. When I got home I cleaned up and then it was our turn for babysitting. We had ten kids in our home for three hours and they were all pretty well behaved. It went a lot smoother than we were expecting because of how tired we were, but things went smoothly AND we managed to keep the house clean!

On Sunday Julian woke up first at around 8. I told him to grab a poptart and go play. When Isaiah woke up I asked him to go open the gate (yes my 2 year old gets gated in his room) and then I heard Carmen wake up. I kept going back to sleep. After sleeping in til 10! YES 10! I woke up wondering why Isaiah wasnt bothering us. Julian and Carmen can go all morning without bothering us for more than a snack but Isaiah usually comes in and pulls us out of bed so he can tell us about baseball, basketball, golf, football, soccer, and bowling. Well I walked downstairs and saw Julian and Carmen playing quietly with toys in Julians room. I asked where Isaiah was and before I got a response I spotted Isaiahs legs on Carmen's bed in the next room over. I walked in there and poor, poor Isaiah was snow white face up on Carmen's bed covered in vomit, laying in vomit, next to vomit! He managed to roll his eyes toward me and groan "Mama." I had a vague memory come to mind of Julian coming in this morning saying that Isaiah was hungry and that he had gotten him a chocolate pop tart. And there it was, all over Isaiah- and Carmen's bed- the chocolate pop tart. Good thing Carmen's mattress has a removable cover. I threw Isaiah in the shower and though I dont do laundry on Sunday, the washing machine and I had an emergency laundry session. Now because I didn't get a picture of him (too graphic, and I was busy trying to clean up) I recreated the scene. The only thing missing was the pink pillow that was next to him (also covered in vomit). But yeah, this is pretty close to what it looked like. At least I got to sleep in!

I sent Nick to church with the two oldest kids for sacrament meeting and while they were gone I showered and took care of the boys and prepared dinner and made snickerdoodles for Nick to take to the families he home teaches. He was a little concerned when he texted me from church to ask if I could make cookies and I told him we were out of chocolate chips. He has probably never seen me bake cookies without chocolate. We love our chocolate, but the snickerdoodles turned out fantastic and I found a recipe that didnt ask me to chill the dough (I hate waiting).
And this is all that was left today, Monday morning. On Sunday evening we took the kids out play in the yard then go ride bikes. Elias had a lot of fun while I was holding him, not so excited about the stroller though. And to complete a busy Sunday, I made a big dinner so thankfully Nick washed the dishes! Isaiah is well again but now Julian has a fever. Nick had a dentist appointment today and was told he needs oh, $3000 worth of work (but Im not buying it, so again, Im looking for another dentist). Lets hope for a better week than last.




2 comments:

Justin+Becca+Emily said...

poor isaiah! how long was he laying in vomit??

Krystal said...

i dont know....