Wednesday, September 30, 2009

three sick ones

julian was home from school monday and tuesday with a fever but the fever didnt slow him down much. he still did all of his school work and a book report and turned them in today. last night carmen woke me up at 3am. being so tired i pretended it was a dream and told her to go back to bed. she woke me back up a few minutes later saying she felt sick so i got up and put her to bed on the couch. when isaiah woke up this morning i realized he too had a fever, much higher than carmen's so i gave him the last of the medicine and after i showered i went to the store to stock up on both tylenol and ibuprofen. three sick kids. not much fun but at least isaiah isnt jumping off the walls. im trying to fight off the illness by taking my vitamins and emergen C. I dont know what they have because other than that one incident of Isaiah throwing up, none of the kids have thrown up. They seem pretty normal other than the fever and Isaiah is less active. my best guess is that nick and i will end up sick in about a week when the kids are back to their super active selves.

on monday hillari brought home julian's school work folder. on the front of it there was a sticker that said, "We missed you today!" and on the inside stickers that tell us where to put the homework and which folder is of papers to keep home. Now the folder they sent is one of the mass folders they send home with all the kids who have been absent. Julian thought it was a direct message from his class and as he read it out loud he said, "Mom! My class missed me today! Awww! I missed them too!"

Yesterday, julians second day off, I sat with him all day working on homework because thats what he wanted to do. When he needed a break he would stop and play a game or watch a movie then come to me and say he wanted to work some more. He is such a good kid.

2 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

We were all sick last week except Robert and Garrett. Madison stayed home 3 days and Carson 2. I got it the worst. I think it was a flu bug... headache, fever, body aches, chills, tired and developed into cough. But no throwing up or anything. Hope you don't get it and your kids get better quickly!!

Justin+Becca+Emily said...

swine flu?