Saturday, October 3, 2009

flu update

Well, at least I think its the flu.

Since I posted last Elias got a fever and was feeling crummy and spitting up and moaning a lot, so I kept nursing. Mommy milk does wonders for babies. I know I got intected too, though I didnt (knock on wood) get a fever, theres no way I could avoid getting whatever the kids had and I have been feeling the sore swollenness in my glands near my neck/jaw. Isaiah is 2. He has been wiping his nose on his arms all week, coughing and sneezing on everyone and everything, he doesnt wash his hands (he's not potty trained and cant reach the sink anyways), and he even threw up on me. Well, the antibodies in my milk fixed Elias, he was sick with the fever a little over 24 hours and after another 75% sleepless night last night Elias' fever broke around 8 or 9am this morning, giving me only an hour to sleep from 9-10am without him whining and waking up every few minutes. He slept until 11am and is now asleep again.

Poor Isaiah. Currently he is asleep on the living room floor. He had been asleep on the couch, then his legs fell off and he was sleeping with his head on the couch, feet on the floor, then he fell off completely and is now just on the floor. His fever has been around for 6 days now. I took his temp and hes 100.8 so its not high so Im not too worried nor do I need to give him medicine because its not very high. Im trying to keep him hydrated but I cant force him to drink water.

Yesterday I went to the airport with the kids to meet my dad on a layover. He was flying back from Mexico City to Oregon. We had a nice visit and he got to see the kids, and quite possibly he is transporting this West Phoenix version of the flu to the Willamette Valley.

Other than that, not much else goin on. I am just SO tired. I need a mommy day out for all the hard work Ive been doing keeping up with sick kids day and night but Im too tired to go out and do anything.

Being a mom IS a 24 hour a day job. All week long Carmen has been waking up at anywhere between 1 and 3 AM seemingly just to hang out. Today I think Ill make her do jumping jacks and run around the block before she heads to bed and hopefully all this sleeping Isaiah is doing wont end up with him wanting to be awake til 3am.

1 comment:

Windsor World said...

Dang Krystal...that sucks..you should try giving Isaish some of your breast milk...seriously it might help! I was sick last weekend and then Mike during the week, I don't think it was the flu, more like sinus issues..but Kenzee came home Friday sick, with a temp and all the good stuff that I think might be the flu...I hate when the kids are sick, cause your right theres not rest for mom! I'm just hoping that I can keep Kannon and Kolbee from getting what Kenzee has...but more then likely within the next few days, all 3 will be down with it! That's the way it rolls...Well hopefully everyone at your house will start feeling better and soon! take care of yourself~