Tuesday, October 20, 2009

CT

Elias has been crawling for about a week now. He is 5 months old. He has been sitting up on his own since he was 4 months old.

Yesterday had another CT scan of my sinuses to track the cysts, no change- so the doctor said it would be safe to have me just return in 5 years for another CT scan unless I start to have problems breathing or have a series of recurring sinus infections.

They were discovered two years ago when I went in for an MRI after I was experiencing peripheral neuropathy. They never found the cause and thankfully they were able to rule out MS and brain tumor, but they found a 2 1/2 cm cyst in each of my maxillary sinuses (the ones above the top teeth). This was not long after I had had emergency surgery to have my gallbladder out (when Isaiah was just 2 months old). The neuropathy hasnt returned full force but when it starts to come back I do stretches to stretch my shoulders, neck and back since the mri was otherwise normal, the next thing that comes to mind probably a pinched nerve. Whatever caused it, I have figured out how to make it go away, but for now, the cysts are here to stay. I could have them surgically removed but the doctor said that the only reason he would want me to have them removed is if I was going to have my deviated septum fixed, then he'd remove the cysts while he was already performing an operation.

The past two days, other than the doctors appointment and carpool duty, Ive been cleaning house nonstop. Top to bottom, east to west, left to right, front to back and I was so wound up I couldnt stop last night. Had to force myself to go to bed at 2:30 am. I rearranged Isaiah's room, cleaned up all the toys and even put up a shelf, cleaned out the junk mail piles, folded laundry, fixed a broken toy, dusted shelves and desks, cleaned out our computer desk, and all the other fun stuff that usually gets done last on the list. And today.... you guessed it.... its messy again. Toys ALL over the living room floor and dishes piled high.

Today I found a Hostess cake in my purse- a ding dong. Nick said that for some reason that didnt surprise him. Its no wonder I blew out my gallbladder huh?

Thank goodness its almost the kids' bedtime.

2 comments:

hillari said...

Wow, you are a cleaning machine. I felt exasperrated for you as I read it was messy again. Sounds typical.
Hope your cysts don't start bothering you. Yikes. Let me know if you have more Dr. appointments and I would watch your kids for you.

Sarah & Eddie said...

You are a busy, busy lady! Wanna come over and "help" me out? I've been ignoring the mess lately.