Monday, October 26, 2009

never toothless

Today Julian lost his second tooth! Well actually, I pulled out his second tooth. I probably wouldnt have stressed the teeth - but the adult teeth to his baby teeth were already both in and his teeth were super loose. My boy looked like a shark! Even with his first two teeth out he hasnt even had to experience toothlessness.

Elias is crawling even faster now and pulls himself up on his knees to reach the couch and up walls. He puts everything in his mouth that he finds on the floors.

I am working with Carmen to help her with the alphabet and learning to write her name. I am also working with her to teach her how her actions make other people feel, teaching her the difference between truth and lie and teaching her how to be more polite.

Isaiah loves balls. Still. Thats about it. Hahaha! He has a temper, as he has had since the age of 4 months old. I have been trying to work with him to teach him how to use words to tell me how he feels. He has the cutest smile. His eyes shine when he's happy. When he's sad theres a storm cloud over his head.

Nick's birthday is in November but I gave him his birthday gift early. I got him an Ipod touch and he LOVES it. On our date Saturday night we went to Pei Wei for dinner, then to Target where we bought him a docking/stereo system for his Ipod, it was on clearance for $25!!

and me. Last week I was on a roll. Cleaning the house top to bottom all week long, sewing, cooking. When me and nick were first married we did dishes1-2x a week. Now its 1-2x a day! Last night I made a Texas sheet cake (and the first time my Texan has ever had it!). The recipe called for 1 cup of butter but I reduced it to 1/2 cup and added 1/2 cup applesauce. It is FANTASTIC! So moist and delicate, it tastes like a mix between a carrot cake (minus the carrots) and a chocolate muffin. Now I will post the recipe soon but I will not post a picture because I covered the cake with wax paper late last night and it stuck to the frosting making it look like a choppy sea of chocolate, but it still tastes good. No one in the family will eat it but me, and sometimes Isaiah but he just eats off the frosting. Not sure why. Anyone want some cake?

No comments: