Monday, November 16, 2009

Nicks Birthday. Part 1

This year I decided to put extra effort into Nick's birthday. Previous years have been okay, usually cake and family, or just family and cake. There was even one year I wasn't around because I was at my mom's visiting and poor Nick had to work so he spent it alone. This year Nick had a few celebrations.On Saturday evenings we have a babysitting exchange with two other families. One week we each take turns watching all ten of the kids. Seemingly quite daunting but thats what back yards and paper plates are for! :D Knowing we had a babysitter I invited a few friends to join us at Red Robin for dinner. Zander is the coolest little guy! He was telling Nick his poem he memorized for school. And Brandon was Brandon....
Alayna in the back with her two girls (and I must say her kids were VERY well behaved!), and Hillari up front. Alayna's daughter even sang a solo Happy Birthday to Nick, it was the cutest thing!

Hillari and Keith. Hillari was telling us how Keith wont let them buy a love toilet. A double seat toilet for a person and their love to face eachother in the bathroom. (she was talking about a SNL skit! so funny!)


And Keith and Randy. Kim is the only one who didnt make it in a picture. It was a good thing Randy and Brandon were at complete opposite ends of the table and that the kids were between them acting as a buffer... until Randy hit poor Zander in the head with an ice cube.

We had a lot of fun talking and laughing. Funny thing... my sister Melissa texted me the next day and was like, "why did you leave me a 2 minute long voice mail of just people laughing and talking?" --I checked my phone and apparently I called her.... oops!

2 comments:

hillari said...

Okay, you really needed to crop me out of that picture. Or both would have been okay with me too! Glad it wasn't our turn to babysit so we could come. But speaking of babysitting--we're planning on having the kids this weekend, does that work for you guys?

Crystal and Billy said...

Happy Birthday, Nick! Looks like you all had some good times.